Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mouse attack

So on Friday I was sitting on the couch watching Dex play and I noticed Blue was pointing in the corner by the couch.  "Oh great" I thought "we've probably got mice in the couch again."  I hate that so much.  So I told Rich hey  I think we might need to set some traps because we might have mice again.  As soon as I say this I notice something moving in the vent in the carpet!  Blue had actually trapped a mouse in the vent.  I couldn't believe it.  So I call Rich over and of course Dex so he could see a mouse for the first time, he was way into the whole thing and little weirded out by the behavior of his parents.  So we discuss what we should do in this situation we can't call Blue off because then the mouse would get out and be loose in our house, we can't just put something over the vent because we don't want it to just die in there.  So how do we get the mouse out of the vent without it being loose in our house?  Rich being the more sensitive one didn't want to just kill it in the vent, a feet I had no idea how we would accomplish anyway , so decided we should let it go in the field by our house.
So we come up with the idea that we'll pull the vent out of the floor put in in a plastic bag and walk him to the field.  Of course pulling the vent out and getting it in the bag requires a lot of jerky quick movements and screaming from both of us.  So we get the mouse to the field Blue leading the way and as we are trying to hold back Blue from eating the dang thing we open the vent and let the little mouse out.  Well of course the little thing runs right for our feet so Rich and I are screaming and jumping out of the way while Dex is just looking at us all confused.  The funny thing was the mouse's back was wet from Blue trying to lick it while it was stuck in vent.
Mice situation defused.  So we're pretty proud of ourselves we didn't have to kill anything and we got rid of the mouse.  So we get back to the house and Rich is convinced that we have ton more mice.  I'm not so sure but Rich is convinced so he is all geared up for the hunt.  So he starts going through our cupboards to make sure.  So he opens these double doors we have on our cupboards and out rolls this little brown mouse.  Well Rich, at 6'4" starts screaming and jumping up an down trying to get out of the way of the little thing as it's trying to gain its footing and run away.  It the same time I'm screaming and dancing the oh my heck there's a mouse dance while Blue is trying to gain his footing as he is running across the floor and catch the little booger.  Well this outburst of yelling and screaming totally scares Dex and he starts crying while the mouse runs under the sofa in the kitchen.
So now after traumatizing our son there is still a mouse loose in our house and we have no idea where it is but there a plenty of traps lying in wait.  There is no mister nice guy this time around.

3 comments:

liesel said...

hi-lar-ious!! picturing that whole scenario totally cracked me up. Hope you catch the other little bugger.

Michelle! said...

That was a really cool story i was clicking the button next blog and it didnt really come up with good blogs. Untill i saw your blog and i was so amazed because it entertained me and goood story !!!

bequi said...

Hahahaha!! That was awesome! I used to catch mice by hand at my parent's house and then just throw them away in the dumpster while they were still alive.