Monday, October 11, 2010

She's crafty

So this whole nesting thing has really gotten out of control in regards to the amount of crafts I feel compelled to do. Here are some of my most recent attempts.

These bats are really cute they are just little pumpkins painted black then the wings and eyes are foam that I've cut out.  Pretty easy and fun.  They funny part is I've put them on the fireplace mantel thinking Dex wouldn't get them up there...wrong.  He takes them down from time to time and rips off the eyes.  He just doesn't like the eyes for some reason its pretty funny.

We still have tons of grapes on our vines, its so crazy I can't believe they can produce so much.  I've tried another endeavor which worked surprising well.  Fruit leather.  It's surprisingly easy to make too.  All you do is cook the grapes down blend in a blender then push them through a strainer onto cookie sheets with parchment paper and dehydrate them in the oven forever until they are fruit leathery.  It's fun I can't believe something I kind of winged actually turned out good.  Dex loves it too he thinks they are fruit snacks and I don't mind letting him eat as much as he wants because it's all natural baby!

1 comment:

Rapunzel's Wish said...

Hi - just found your blog and I hope you don't mind, but I have a question. What kind of grapes do you grow? the reason I ask is because I have inherited some concord grapes (plants) that have been in my family for a couple of generations now. - (My family also made grape jelly and used it to make hard jelly cakes each Christmas)
- The grape vines seem to like where they are planted, but only prduce the little flowers, but no fruit. I would love any suggestions if you have any to share. Thanks - and congratulations on your wonderful news of expecting your first little girl :)