Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Grass

 So I got this great idea that we should work on the yard this week.  We've been wanting to do some changed and I thought Monday would be a great day to start.  I also thought that we would be finished on Monday as well... silly girl.  We've worked almost exclusively on the garden for the last three days in a row!  It has been so much work but here are the before and afters.






 These are going to be some awesome box gardens and they are super nice because they are 20 inches high so I won't kill my back this year as I try to garden!



As you notice before this was just a nasty garden area just covered in weeds.  We moved all the soil from here and put it in the new box gardens.  I feel like one sore muscle today but it was totally worth it because it is going to look so nice once it grows in.  The best part about it is Rich seeded the last spot last night and it started to rain!  Perfect timing.
On another note Finley had her 4 month appointment!  She is 25 inches and 14 pounds and doing just great.  The Dr. said she is unusually alert and engaging with people = social butterfly.  We started her on solids and she is pig!  Yesterday she ate half of a small sweet potato and last night she ate two big carrots.  And she'll sit in her chair and just yell at you until you feed her more.  Then she breastfeed about 3o mins later!  Good thing about all this food is she usually sleeps until 6 am.  So I get a full nights sleep!  LOVE IT.
Dex is being super cute with her and loves to go up and give her big hugs now.  He really likes babies now.  Yesterday as we were moving dirt he picked up a little clod and called it "baby dirt"  he is so stinkin cute. 

No comments: