So the other day I said to Rich " you know it might be fun to Dex a fish." In saying this I was think of a Walmart goldfish in a $10 tank, simple. Well leave it to the Rasmussen to think of this.
That's right a salt water tank! We found this baby on KSL.com for only $25 bucks. It came with the fake coral, a heater, a water filter,live sand (which something I guess you need for a salt water aquarium) and of course sea salt. It's been set up for a couple days now just arating the water and letting the sand bacteria grow. We went to today and bought John Conner who is our very first inhabitant. If all goes well with him we plan on adding one more fish and a shrimp then I think the tank will be maxed. It's only about 4 gallons. I'm hoping Dex will have fun feeding the fish while we get the joy of testing the water and cleaning it every month. Dex has already figured out the fish looks like Nemo. He'll point to the fish then point to the T.V. and say "dis" which means.. "hey look mother this fish looks exactly like the fish I've seen on that show finding Nemo. What are the odds?" Well I think that's what he is saying, more or less.

1 comment:
cool and crazy tank! I love the nemo fish.. and the fact that you DIDN'T name him Nemo.
You guys want a turtle too by any chance? It'll be ANOTHER fun tank to clean! (actually, I'm kinda serious, if you guys want it... it's actually ridiculously easy to maintain). Though it sounds like we should have proposed this BEFORE you got the fish. Either way, we need to see you guys before we move, its been too long!
Post a Comment