So I'm so tired of being pregnant and I'm getting sick of my own complaining. This is the last week until my due date which I hope will be the end of discomfort, well at least in one part of my body
Even though I'm ginormous and can't tie my own shoes I'm pretty proud of the fact that a guy on light rail tried to pick me up the other day. It was awesome.
So I get on the train with my huge belly and a present for the baby in tow. I sit next to this guy and he turns to me and says " that is a very interesting hat you are wearing does it have a fun story behind it?" This surprised me because it was a regular old ski hat that we bought like 3 years ago at a ski swap.
"Nope it doesn't, its just one of my ski hats." We then proceed to talk about skiing and snowboarding for a little bit and then, this is the best part, he tells me he thinks he recognizes me from somewhere. My thought is I ride the light rail a lot at specific times so he might have seen me on the train. Nope his answer was much better, "actually I was looking at a book about angels and your picture was on the cover." No lie he actually tried to use that line on me. I was in such shock of the cheesiness of the line and the fact that he hadn't noticed I was pregnant so my only response was to laugh. I think this was the wrong thing to do because it seemed to give him more confidence and he proceeded to tell me, " you know when you meet someone and there is an instant connection? Well I feel that with you would you like to get some coffee or something sometime?"
I proceeded to inform him that I was married but he was not detoured.
"Well if your husband is out of town we could get together or you could have me over and make coffee for me, I bet you make great coffee."
"Yeah?" I said, "we'll have to see." Thankfully at this time his stop came up and as he was getting off the train he tells me, "if you every want to contact me my e-mail is RussianSpy2@email.com."
I just had to laugh to myself, first of all being 9 months pregnant and getting hit on, not too shabby and secondly that there was a RussianSpy email before his. Gotta love public transportation!
4 comments:
I'll take morning sickness over the end of pregnancy any day. At the end, every day gets worse. ugh.
Pretty cool about getting hit on though! What a persistent little bugger! Great story.
Oh my! I can't stop laughing! That is TOO funny! We've all been telling you how good you look... maybe you'll believe a perfect stranger, or at least a perfect stranger that happens to be a Russian spy!
Hope the baby comes soon. This last bit is the worst!
Classic! I love it. When is that darn Rass baby going to get here!?! I keep checking! Congrats on your graduation. So exciting. Miss you!
Congrats on being hot and pregnant and YOU HAVE A BABY NOW!!
Post a Comment