Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our house?

Well I flew out to Utah on Wednesday and Rich and I have been looking at homes every day since. We are over it! I love the house we have the bid in on, we've been able to see it twice since being here. Believe it or not 23 people have actually been there and toured the house but the most amazing thing is that we are the only ones who have put a bid on it. The best part is the house is listed at 4 bedrooms and could easily be 6 but because an appraiser's demand for a room to be a bedroom is that it must have a window, source of heat and a closet, when the home gets appraised by the bank it will be appraised as a 2 bedroom home because a few of rooms don't have closets! That means it will be appraised a lot cheaper and our bid will look a lot better. Yeah. So now we are just waiting for the bank to get the stinking house appraised and then accept our bid which could be anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. I'm not good at being patient!!

2 comments:

bequi said...

Anthony and I totally know how you feel. The waiting sucks but just remember you might find something even better while you wait. ;-)

Cass said...

Wahoo! Congratulations on the big purchase, the new baby, and the upcoming graduation. I get exhausted just thinking about everything you two are doing. Good luck. Hopefully the appraisal will come in low and you will get approved ASAP!