So I just have to vent about the 150 hours of my life this quarter that is dedicated to wasting time. Some evil person on the Colorado state board of nursing decided that nursing students have too many hours in their day so they devised a plan that will get rid of those unnessary hours and call them community health clinicals. Seriously I am a few months away from graduating from nursing school expected to be prepared to care for up to 5 patients at a time and what clinical experience am I getting right now? Suppositories and toenail clipping.
Don't' get me wrong community health does have its place, and the people who work there are angels, but I don't' think I need to sit and follow around LP N's for the most part, to enhance my learning. I've seen everything they are doing and in fact get paid to do the very same things at my job at Swedish hospital. So why, I scream to the nursing gods, do I have to go through this torture for another 50 hours?
1 comment:
So you can't just count your work hours? that sucks hard core.
Post a Comment